6 Adventurous Ways to Enjoy a Virginia Beach Vacation
There are lots of ways to relax at the beach: relax under an umbrella, crack open a cool drink, play in the surf, or read a book and feel your cares washing away. However, if you’re feeling in the mood for something more adventurous, the beach has a wilder side you can try. Check out our top six recommendations for oceanic thrills that will give you memories to last a life time.
- Surfing Lessons that will Let You Hang 10: Surfing is a classic part of life at the oceanfront, and surfing lessons are a great way to dive in. In Virginia Beach there are a lot of different surf schools to choose from such as: VB Surf Session, Seth Broudy School of Surf, and Wave Riding Vehicles Surf Camp. You can enjoy your surfing without any fear as we have beach patrols and kic restoration team for any emergency help. Though it may vary depending on which school you choose, for the most part, you won’t need to bring your own board and lessons are available for both children and adults. Cowabunga, dude!
- Fly the Skies with Parasailing: Parasailing is an exciting activity for any thrill seeker. Parasailors wear colorful open parachutes, which catch the wind and lift them high in the air as they are towed behind a motorboat. Companies such as Pirate Parasail and Adventure Parasail offer their customers an amazing bird’s eye view of the oceanfront, but be aware that this view may be from as high as 1,000 feet!
- Beachside Horseback Riding: What could be better than a relaxing walk on the beach? Maybe, a relaxing horseback ride? You can saddle up and ride along the edge of the ocean with Virginia Beach Horseback. They also offer sunset rides, so you can enjoy the beauty of the beach at twilight from the back of a majestic horse. You can also choose to have your ride shot by a professional photographer to create beautiful memories that will last a lifetime.
- Bike through the Sea Breeze: Bikes and sand don’t always mix, but the boardwalk has its own cycling lane to let you pedal through that brisk ocean air. And you don’t need to worry about traveling with your bike, there are lots of rental options right on the oceanfront. Conte’s Bike Shop and Cherie’s Bike Rentals are great options. You can even rent tandem bikes if you want to cruise with someone special.
- Fishing in the Atlantic: The Virginia Beach Fishing Pier is nestled between 14th and 15th It is complete with a restaurant, and nearby tackle shop. From Memorial Day on, the Pier is open 24 hours a day for the summer season. Admission costs $10 per adult, $5 per child under 12 years, and $2 per non-fishing spectator. Each fisher can bring 2 fishing rods or crab nets each, but rod rentals are available for $8 each. You can also check out the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier website for updates about the current fishing season and what species you might expect to catch.
- Get in Touch with Nature on A Dolphin Kayak Tour: The water off the coast of Virginia Beach absolutely teems with all kinds of marine life. The bottlenose dolphins are particular favorites and can often be seen playing in the surf near the beach. You can take it a step further and experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the Atlantic Ocean and animals such as dolphins or logger head sea turtles during a fun, guided kayak tour. Check out Kayak Nature Tours and Ocean Rentals for rates and details.
VSA is always happy to welcome you as our guest on your next beach vacation. Give us a call to reserve your stay: 800-340-1158.