New Year, New You!
Setting new goals at the start of a New Year is a time-honored tradition that most people have tried at one point or another. Usually goals are about self-improvement but, more often than not, New Year resolutions are short-lived as months go by and determination slips away. In fact, studies show that most people abandon their new years resolutions by the end of January.
Want to reset your goals, and follow through? Virginia Beach is an amazing place to take a break and re-calibrate your New Year’s resolutions. No matter what you’re hoping to do, this seaside city has surprises around every corner that can help you get started on goals. Here are five ways you can improve your overall well being this year.
1. Relax More. If relaxation is something you want to steep your 2018 in, Virginia Beach is a great place to get started! There are so many quiet places to stop and smell the sea breeze. You will be able to find something that speaks to your soul. You might bask in tranquility with a session or two at Oceanfront Yoga, enjoy a good book with an even better cup of coffee at Bad Ass Coffee on 18th Street, or just enjoy the beauty of the surf and sand down at the Virginia Beach Boardwalk.
2. Go on an Adventure. Maybe you’re looking to grab 2018 by the horns and bring some excitement to your life. Virginia Beach can offer a home away from home to any thrill seeker. With Beach Parasail you can soar over the ocean and get a birds eye view of the beach from as high as 1,000 feet, if you dare! If your call to adventure keeps you a little closer to the ground, surf lessons with VB Surf Sessions might be just the ticket. No matter your age or level of ability, they offer lessons that will have you hanging ten in no time!
3. Explore Nature. From glittering ocean, to teeming marsh, to beautiful forest, Virginia Beach is home to an amazing diversity of flora and fauna. It’s the perfect place to connect with nature in 2018. More than 4,000 acres of natural wonder awaits in the many different parks and wildlife refuges that call the city home. You can explore hiking trails, bike paths, kayak on the water, and absorb the beauty that can be found there. Take to the seas with wild life cruises like those offered by Rudee Tours for a see marine life up close or enjoy a guided hike through the Back Bay Wildlife Refuge with expert bird watchers.
4. Eat Well. Perhaps food is your focus this year? Whether you’re looking to expand your pallet, indulge in a treat, or eat locally, you’ll find the perfect fit. You can choose from amazing fruits, veggies, and goods all produced close by at the Old Beach Farmer’s Market and the Virginia Beach Farmer’s Market. If you’re looking for a treat, a variety of Breweries strewn throughout the city each offer their own signature flare and Town Center is a great place to find fun and exciting dining options.
5. Learn Something New. You can expand your horizons at one of the amazing museums in Virginia Beach. The Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art offers a chance to explore culture and beauty, while the Virginia Aquarium is perfect for anyone interested in marine life, science, or the natural history of the local environment. If history is more your speed, historically preserved houses are dotted all around the city. Check out sites like the Thoroughgood House or Francis Land House for a glimpse into the area’s past.
And of course, a VSA Resort is the perfect choice for accommodations while you take in the beauty of Virginia Beach. We hope to see you soon!