VSA Resorts COVID 19 Update
April 1, 2020
On behalf of the entire VSA Resorts family, I wanted to inform you that due to the Governor of Virginia’s Executive Order #55 for a Temporary Mandatory Stay at Home order to fight the COVID-19 virus on March 30, 2020, the Board of Directors has decided to close the resorts for all Owner home-week/guest authorization, exchange, and rental vacation reservations until May 31st, 2020. We remain hopeful that the threat of the COVID-19 virus will diminish soon, however, the safety of our Owners, guests and team members is in the forefront of our decision.
What We are Doing
As an Association, this closure, as well as the precautions that we have already taken to ensure the safety of our Owners, guests and team members so far, will have a financial impact on resources. We will be taking every opportunity to safeguard the resources and assets of the Association, including the building, equipment and inventories.
We understand how disappointing and heartbreaking this may be for you, it is for us too. In this unprecedented environment, we’ve tried to anticipate your concerns and provide the options available to you in order to reschedule, delay or save your vacation:
- RCI has pledged to honor all owner deposits affected during this closure period, from April 1, 2020 – May 31, 2020.
- RCI has also promised to accept and honor any new deposits of inventory that occur during the months of April & May 2020.
- If you no longer have an RCI account, the Board has negotiated a special 1-year RCI Weeks membership option for $40.00.
- If you prefer to reschedule directly with the Hospitality Department, every effort will be made to accommodate your vacation travel preferences, and they will be confirmed upon availability and upon request, with as few limitations as possible.
- Both RCI and II are committed to assisting and have adjusted their cancellation policies.
- We are determined to ensure that you do not lose your 2020 vacation! Every effort and accommodation will be considered.
What You Can Do
We are committed to keeping you informed and invite you to visit www.vsaresorts.com periodically to stay up-to-date with the latest information as well as team and resort pictures during the closure. In addition, your Hospitality Department team is available to assist you during regular business hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) at email@example.com or 1.800.955.9700.
We are grateful to you and appreciate your steadfast trust in VSA in making your vacation dreams come true, even if they must be adjusted in order to crush the COVID-19 curve.
Michele Colson, Association President
For all Valued VSA Owners who are also RCI Members, click here.